The Center for the Arts Concert Hall, opened in 1990 is a technically adaptable venue. The Center for the Arts plays a key role in the cultural vitality of the Washington Metropolitan region, attracting more than 100,000 patrons each year to performances. Each year it houses operas, symphony orchestras, theatre productions, dance performances, cultural shows, and a much more.
• 1935 Continental Seating with ample leg room (821 Orchestra level -
including the pit area and 1112 seats in the Grand Tier/Balcony)
• Adjustable music shell which can enhance the acoustical presence of
an orchestra, chorus, soloist, or chamber ensemble
• State of the art lighting and sound system including a projector and
large video screen
• Large Orchestral Pit
The Hylton Performing Arts Center Gregory Family Theater is an intimate Black Box theater space with usable balcony located on Mason's Prince William Campus.
• 4,400 square feet of open space
• Standard theater set-up allows 240 (maximum; with an additional 110 seated
in the balcony)
• Seats 300 for dinner or holds 425 for reception
• 1,800 square feet of additional space on balcony level which overlooks main floor
• Unmatched acoustics and infinite lighting combinations
• Expo set-up: 25 (6’ tables)
• Perfect for meetings, training sessions, trade shows, receptions, and banquets
The Center for the Arts Harris Theatre is a modified proscenium/thrust theater. With two levels of seating and exquisite acoustics it is the ideal setting for smaller-scaled concerts or theatrical productions, recitals, lectures, recordings, and screenings.
• 460 Seats, 343 Orchestra level seats and 117 balcony level seats
• Exquisite acoustical theater which lends itself well to both speaking
events and music recitals
The Hylton Performing Arts Center Merchant Hall is an elegant European style opera house with contemporary accents located on Mason's Prince William Campus.
• Seats 1123-plus; 500+ in orchestra and the remainder in 27 boxes
• Stage measures 100ft x 45ft with a section on a hydraulic lift for flexible space use
• Professional sound and light booth; 29ft rear projection cinema screen
• State of the Art rigging system for creative stage designs
• Perfect for large meetings, announcements, or awards ceremonies