Mason Theater students are largely self-directed within the structures of our degree programs. The School of Theater offers a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Theater and a Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Stage and Screen Studies.
For the B.F.A.:
- Design for Stage and Screen Concentration
- Musical Theater Performance Concentration
- Performance for Stage and Screen (Acting and Directing) Concentration
- Writing and Dramaturgy for Stage and Screen Concentration
For the B.A.:
- Design and Technical Theater
- Playwriting and Dramaturgy
- Theater Education for Theater Arts PK-12
- Theater Studies
All students take courses in the following:
- theater history
- literature and criticism
- script analysis
- design aesthetics
- technical theater
in addition to choosing electives from area specialties. For a full list of classes, please visit the catalog.
Students earn credit working on Mason Players productions, and on approved projects found in our professional theater community.
Students can pursue graduate studies in the following areas:
- B.A./Accelerated Masters of Arts Management
- MFA in Visual and Performing Arts, with a concentration in Theater
- Teaching Theater PK-12 Graduate Certificate
- Masters in Interdisciplinary Studies (M.A.I.S.)*
and take advantage of selected graduate opportunities in other concentration areas.
CVPA Graduate Admissions is a self-managed system administered by the University’s Graduate Admissions Office.
* As MAIS is in a different college, prospective students will need to contact both that department and the Theater department for assistance with an application.