Get production and performance experience while bringing live theater to the Mason community as a member of this fun, vibrant group.
The Mason Players bring artistic enlightenment to the lives of the university community and beyond. Its mission coexists with the College of Visual and Performing Arts and the School of Theater, with whom it enjoys a close relationship.
This faculty-directed student organization within the School of Theater produces six captivating productions each season. Mainstage productions are directed by faculty members and visiting guest artists, and studio productions are directed by students. Plays selected for the annual Mason Players Originals celebration of new work are student-directed and student-written.
Auditions for the productions are open to all full-time Mason students. Participation in Mason Players productions may be applied for academic credit.
Mason Players is an inclusive organization, comprised of theater students and alumni, theater practitioners, and theater supporters.
To be a Mason Player, you must:
1. Be a current or former degree-seeking student at George Mason University who participates or participated in at least one Mason Players production in ANY capacity (ex. Acting, Directing, Designing, Run Crew, Marketing, Community Leadership, etc.)
2. Be a Friend of Theater at Mason
Participants in and supporters of the productions of George Mason University's School of Theater are "Mason Players" and should be on the Mason Players Mailing list.
Show auditions will take place over the evenings of August 29 & 30, 2018. Callbacks will be September 1, 2018. Prepare one monologue of your choice (preferred), or you may read from sides available at the audition.
- Technical Director
- Assistant Stage Manager
- Lighting Designer
- Sound Designer
- Prop Master
- Costume Designer
- Set Designer
- Master Electrician
- Run Crew
- Board Operators
Students interested in working on the creative/production teams for any Mason Players production are encouraged to contact the following:
- Lighting - Sherrice Mojgani
- Costumes - Deb Sivigny
- Dramaturgy - Kristin Johnsen-Neshati
- Scenery, Props, Painting, Sound, Stage Management - Molly Elston
- Sound - Kevin Dunayer
Also, please visit the scene shop if you are interested in helping out with building sets for any of our upcoming shows. It's a great way to get tech hours or to just meet people in the department who share your interests.
Please note: all assignments may be used to fulfill Theater Practicum (THR 196, THR 197, THR 198, THR 199 or THR 200) degree requirements. To enroll, please contact Molly Elston
2019-2020 Administrative Staff
Associate Company Manager:
To maintain membership
Once you become a Mason Player, we consider you a Mason Player for life. To maintain membership, while studying at Mason, Players are encouraged to be active participants by:
- Attending monthly Players meetings as often as your schedule and academics allow. The Players organization is only as effective as its members, so plan to attend often, volunteer to help, let your voice be heard as creative decisions are made, and make memories for a lifetime.
- Participating in Players productions in all areas of production as often as your schedule and academics allow. Onstage, backstage, at the concession stand, or in the preparation stages for promoting our work, it’s all part of the whole, and we need your involvement.
- Active participation has benefits other than collaboration, These include scholarship consideration, yearly awards, resume building, and more.
- Alumni of Theater at Mason, the Mason Players and active members of the Friends of Theater at Mason are also considered Mason Players. These Players are encouraged to support the work of the Mason Players and the School of Theater through word and deed, including volunteerism, attendance at our shows, and financial support.
To inquire about membership or to become more deeply involved with the School of Theater, please contact the current Players Secretary.
The list of Mason Players is located on the Mason Players News bulletin board in the Theater Lounge (PAB A 109).